Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Disconnect messages

Recently Heroin Bob (Donator T-Mod) got karma banned for killing an RDMer. At first I just thought he left. The new disconnect message does not show if the person who left was disconnected by user or console. It's hard to warn someone for leaving if we don't know if they left or got karma banned.
 [Image: giphy.gif] [Image: 1503105347_XuQgEHQFRaGTsQ0.gif]
"If I knew your address, I would send you an English dictionary fast. I know, dick move right? He'll never understand though how the hell Skeke does his experiments."
"You and your damn minecarts all the time lol"

Find Like (0) Like(s)

right after the round ends, if they were karma banned it will say they left. Thats how you tell if they were karma banned
[AWarn] Reeb was warned by Towelie: i hit a dog going 75mph in my truck
[TSAY] [GG] GucciCarry: I'm standingin my room next to my PC completely naked right now for you hitman changing into my shorts
Find Like (0) Like(s)

Also agameinninja just got banned for 7 active warns (wow) and he was automatically banned for that. But all it said was
"[LEFT:] agameingninja[STEAM_0:0:141124928] left us."
"If I knew your address, I would send you an English dictionary fast. I know, dick move right? He'll never understand though how the hell Skeke does his experiments."

Find Like (0) Like(s)

We used to be specifically told users were karmabanned. The generic "left" system isn't really helpful.
[Image: nRO1q.gif]
Find Like (0) Like(s)

Now we need to use !bancheck before warning.

Find Like (0) Like(s)

use the banlist

also you dont really need to create forum posts about this, just say it in the breakroom
Find Like (0) Like(s)

Yeah, I agree with Pika, this is more an issue for the staff than the public. If it's more of a staff-related issue then it doesn't really need to be here.

However, to the actual issue, I usually use the bancheck command to find if the person got karma banned. Using the ban list also works too. The message doesn't always show up, so make sure to always be using bancheck if someone RDMs and leaves right as the round ends.
24/7 Minecraft TTT: Administrator (Staff Instructor)

If you have any questions regarding applications, server rules, staffing in general, and donations, ask me, I'm always happy to help Smile
Find Like (0) Like(s)

I just think that we should return to the old green messages like the ones on Semi-Vanilla.

Also, if someone is kicked or banned, or their connection times out, etc., we could add a bit to the end of the leave messages in parentheses, something to the effect of (disconnect), (kicked for reaching the warning threshold), (banned for reason Karma too low). For example, various possible disconnect messages:
  • Pariah left the server (banned for reason Karma too low)
  • Skeke left the server (disconnect by user)
  • cLoRA left the server (timed out)
Find Like (0) Like(s)